Rob's Genealogy
You are currently anonymous Log In
 
Edward Franz Hermann Regenhardt

Edward Franz Hermann Regenhardt

Male 1867 - 1926  (59 years)

Personal Information    |    Media    |    Event Map    |    All

  • Name Edward Franz Hermann Regenhardt 
    Born 24 Mar 1867  Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender Male 
    Died 12 May 1926  Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Passing of our Chum
    Passing of our Chum
    Buried New Lorimier Cemetery, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    • Section 3. Lot 58, Grave 2
    Ed Regenhardt family lot
    Ed Regenhardt family lot
    Edward F Regenhardt gravestone
    Edward F Regenhardt gravestone
    Notes 
    • (Research):
    • EDWARD F. REGENHARDT
      Biographical Research

      DATE: 8 Aug 1891
      SLUG: Bio
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983

      Ed Regenhardt is taking music lessons up at the College.
      He will graduate in about two weeks from now.
      _________________________________________________________________
      FROM: St. Louis City Hall Marriage Records Vol. 34, Pg. 37.
      EDWARD F. REGENHARDT AND ALOINE THEUERKAUF
      - married 9 Sep 1891
      - by Rev. Chas T. McDaniel
      - at St. Marks Lutheran Church
      Southwest corner Bell and Cardinal Streets
      - he is listed as being from Cape, she from St. Louis
      ________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 12 Sep 1891
      SLUG: Bio/Marriage License
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      Marriage License was granted in St. Louis last Monday to
      Edward Regenhardt and Miss Alvina Theuerkauf, daughter of the late
      Wm Theuerkauf of this city. When Mr. Regenhardt returns home he
      will be bringing with him as his bride one of Cape's fair daughters
      who is an accomplished young lady. The Democrat wishes the happy
      pair a world of enjoyment and a long life of happiness.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 19 Sep 1891
      SLUG: Bio
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983

      TUESDAY: Ed Regenhardt has rented the 2nd story in the
      Stratman house on Spanish St. and will go to housekeeping in a few
      days.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 2 Jan 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 3
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed F. Regenhardt and Charles Bode have formed a coªpartnership
      under the firm name of Regenhardt & Bode, Contractors for Brick
      Work. They have fitted up an office in a room over Burgess' Store
      on Main Street where they will give careful attention
      to calls for estimates on brick work of any kind. They are both
      first class mechanics, and we cheerfully recommend them to all in
      need of brick work of any description.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 30 Jan 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      Regenhardt and Bode, contractors for brick work, are now ready
      to make estimates and contract for work. They have an office over
      Burgess' Store on Main St., where they would be pleased to have
      their friends and those contemplating building call on them.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 19 Mar 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 3
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed Regenhardt pulled down the big smoke stack at the ruins of
      the Lorimier Mills this morning (Thursday, 3/17/92). He took it
      down whole and without making a dent in it.
      Otto Buekrmann from Fayetteville, Arkansas owned the mills,
      destroyed by fire previous Saturday night (3/19/92).
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 9 Apr 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed Regenhardt is putting down a granitoid pavement in front
      of the First National Bank.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 25 June 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed Regenhardt went down to Malden this afternoon to put in a
      bid for the brick work on the bank building that is to be put up
      there.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 17 Sep 1892
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      E.F. Regenhardt is building a brick house for Herman Muellerin
      Jackson, and his partner, Chas. Bode. will go to Sikeston in a few
      days to build a brick house in that town.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 21 Jan 1893
      SLUG: Bio
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983

      Ed Regenhardt is going to move up on Sprigg St.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 25 Feb 1893
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      As soon as weather will permit Ed Regenhardt will make
      granitoid pavements in front of the new Sturdivant Bank building
      on both Main and Themis streets. The walk on Themis Street will
      be the longest stretch of granitoid pavement in the city.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 25 Mar 1893
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      The granitoid curbing for the sidewalk around the Sturdivant
      Bank was delivered yesterday (Monday 3/20).
      The granite curbing being put down around the Sturdivant Bank
      building will be there long after the present generations of our
      citizens are under the sod.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 27 May 1893
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed Regenhardt is putting in granitoid steps for the Sturdivant
      Bank. there>
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 3 June 1893
      SLUG: Bio
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 3 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      Ed Regenhardt is making a granitoid pavement in front of
      Dr.S.S. Harris's property on Themis street. When this job of work
      is done Themis Street will have the longest stretch of granitoid
      pavement in the city. <2nd house on south side of Themis west of
      the courthouse (Al Spradling Jr.)>
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 27 Oct 1894
      SLUG: Bio
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983

      E.F. Regenhardt returned home from Poplar Bluff. Ed says he
      has no notion of moving to the Bluff.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: Aug 1895
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 6 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1 Aug 1983
      The contract for repairing the Meriweather Street sewer was
      awarded to E.F. Regenhardt by the Council.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 5 Oct 1895
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      E. F. Regenhardt is putting in some granitoid pavement for
      Wilson Cramer at Jackson.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 23 Nov 1895
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1 Aug 1983
      Ed Regenhardt came in from Greenville, Wayne County, Saturday
      night. Mr. R. has the contract to build a big business house at
      Greenville and he will have work for a force of hands there for
      several months.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 16 Oct 1897
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 25 July 1983
      Ed Regenhardt was awarded the contract for the granitoid walks
      in the Normal grounds. The contract was for 800 yards, more or
      less.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 30 Oct 1897
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 2
      LOCATED: 1983
      E. F. Regenhardt is down at Kennett this week building some
      flues in the stone railroad depot building he completed a few weeks
      ago for the Kennett Railroad Company.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 6 Nov 1897
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 4
      LOCATED: 1983
      E. F. Regenhardt will begin work on the granitoid walks up at
      the Normal next month.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 27 Aug 1898
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 25 July 1983
      E. F. Regenhardt, who has the contract to build a big
      schoolhouse in Bonne Terre, came down Saturday to get some hands
      to work.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 11 July 1903
      SLUG: Bio/Construction
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 2
      LOCATED: Aug 1983
      E. F. Regenhardt has the contract to build the new building
      for the new ice plant.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 29 Aug 1903
      SLUG: Bio/Construction/Academic Hall
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      LOCATED: 1983

      PG. 5 COL. 1 :
      The contract let to Temple and Slavick for plumbing the Normal
      building was the biggest plumbing contract ever let in S.E.
      Missouri.
      PG. 5 COL. 2 :
      E. F. Regenhardt says he will begin clearing the ground for
      the new Normal within the next 5 or 6 days .
      E. T. Maule and son, E. P., came down on the Chester this
      morning (Wed 4/29/03). Mr. Maule's son is associated with
      Mr.Regenhardt in the contract for the building of the new Normal
      structure. Mr. Maule says we have an extra fine quality of
      stone here for building purposes.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 17 Sep 1904
      SLUG: Bio/Quarry
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 7 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      Mr. Regenhardt invited us to take a drive to the quarries west
      of the Normal Campus and there showed us a solid block of marble,
      nine and on half feet long, six and a half broad and four and a
      half thick, which contained 222 cubic feet of marble, weighing 21
      tons. This block was raised from the bottom of the fifty foot
      level and set down at the door of the mill ready to be placed under
      the saws. This will be sawed into lintels 9' long, 22" broad and
      13" thick for the Academic Hall. We expect to live to see the day
      when a Missouri new State Capitol will be built from this quarry.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 1 Jul 1905
      SLUG: Bio/Quarry
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      At Regenhardt's quarry Monday Mr. Regenhardt had some words
      with his engineer and the two came to blows. Regenhardt, who is
      a powerful man, struck at the engineer, missed him, hit a piece of
      machinery and broke his right arm just above the wrist. Dr. Ben
      Schultz bandaged the broken limb and Mr. Regenhardt will soon have
      the use of it again.
      _________________________________________________________________
      DATE: 25 NOV 1905
      SLUG: ACADEMIC HALL
      NEWSPAPER: WEEKLY DEMOCRAT
      PG. 5 COL. 1
      LOCATED: 1983
      MONDAY:
      The new Academic Hall was not opened to the public Sunday as
      contemplated, on account of bad weather, but will be the first
      Sunday that the weather is fair and it is not so muddy.

      From The Quarrying Industry of Missouri, Published circa 1905. Pages 113-114. Book located in the University of Missouri-Rolla Library, January 18, 1993.

      The Edward F. Regenhardt Quarries

      Mr. Regenhardt operates two quarries, one the "Normal" quarry, is located just east of the fair grounds, near the west limits of the city; and the other is located two miles south of the city, just beyond the Killebrew quarry.
      The Normal quarry consists of a single irregular opening, 70 feet east and west and 100 feet north and south, having a maximum vertical face of 35 feet. This quarry was opened in 1901 to obtain the stone to be used in the Normal School building at Cape Girardeau.
      This stone is coarsely crystalline, heavily bedded limestone, having much the appearance of marble. It is almost pure white in the bottom of the quarry, but has a faint pinkish or bluish gray tint near the surface. Fine structure joints occur from two inches to three feet apart. The stone contains small cavities, known locally as "sand holes". These are not sufficiently abundant to cause any considerable waste.
      The quarry is covered with a very light stripping of clay. Large irregular cavities and open joints, resulting from weathering, occur throughout the quarry, These are usually filled with red clay, which occasionally extends to the bottom of the quarry. These cavities and open joints make it difficult to obtain large blocks, free from the effects of weathering. It is the practice to quarry irregular blocks by hand and saw them in the mill. The stone in the upper part of the quarry is said to be harderthan that deeper down. It can be sawed at an average rate of two inches per hour. The stone works nicely under the hammer, and has a pleasing appearance when used as in the Normal school buildings at Cape Girardeau. An excellent grade of white lime ismanufactured out of this stone.
      This quarry is equipped with a Wordwell channeling machine, a crushing plant and two gang saws.
      The second quarry operated by Mr. Regenhardt is located about two miles south of the city on a bluff just south of the Killebrew crusher, on land leased from St. Vincent's college. It has a face 70 feet long and about 15 feet high. The following are thethicknesses of each of the beds from top to bottom: 4 ft., 1 ft. 5 in., 1 ft. 8 in., 1 ft. 9 in.,1 ft., 1 ft. 10 in., 1 ft, 2 in., 2 ft. 4 in., 1 ft. 2 in., 1 ft. 8 in. Some of the stratification planes have a black color. Near the crossing of these planes and the joints the stone weathers more rapidly than in other parts of the quarry.
      All the stone in this quarry has the same general texture and color. It is a very fine grained, compact limestone, having a brownish black to very dark blue color. It is very hard and breaks with a sub-conchoidal fracture.
      The major joints strike N 40° - 50° W. A minor set strikes N 55° E. These parting planes are taken advantage of in quarrying an are sufficiently far apart to permit the removal of blocks of practically any required dimensions.
      The stone has been used in the basement of the new Normal school buildings and in other structures in Cape Girardeau, The dark color of the stone is in striking contrast with the nearly white "Cape marble".

      The William Regenhardt Quarry

      This quarry is located near the north limits of the city and is situated on one of the Mississippi River bluffs. The stone, which is known as the Thebes of Cape Girardeau sandstone, caps the hills along the river. The first stone used in Cape Girardeau was obtained from this formation.
      It is a yellow, fine grained sandstone which is soft when first quarried but hardens upon exposure, the formation is about fifteen feet thick and consists of beds from three feet to six feet in thickness. When used above ground, it appears to be very durable, as shown by a dwelling built out of it in 1853. For half a century, this building has been exposed to the weather without showing any very marked evidence of deterioration. At one time, this stone was shipped quite extensively through the extremesoutheastern part of Missouri along the Mississippi River. At present very little is being quarried.
      The face of the quarry is about 600 feet long and 15 feet high. It is covered with a stripping of twenty feet of loess, on account of which, it is said to have been abandoned.


      Southeat Missourian - Out of the Past:

      Nov. 27, 1904
      Edward F. Regenhardt returns from St. Louis with six bricklayers, and now the brick work on the new Normal School building will be rushed; if the weather continues to cooperate, the building will be completed by June.
      Feb. 16, 1905
      In the coal famine now facing Cape Girardeau, only one man has come forward to offer relief to suffering people; that man is Ed. Regenhardt; Regenhardt, who owns a marble quarry west of town, has several carloads of screenings in storage for his mill.
      June 2, 1905
      Thousands of people were attracted to the Cape City Brick plant west of the Cape Girardeau late last evening by a fire which destroyed one of the buildings; the large building west of the engine house and near the Cape and Chester Railroad was in heavy flames before it was discovered; A.R. Ponder, T.M. Williams, Ed Regenhardt, E.W. Flentge, M.E. Leming and other prominent citizens directed the fire-fighting efforts with the fire chief and his men.
      June 26, 1905
      Ed Regenhardt breaks the small bone in his arm early in the morning; while working at his quarry, his arm is thrown against the derrick, and the bone is broken; he is now sporting a plaster cast.
      Nov. 16, 1905
      Edward F. Regenhardt, the contractor for the Normal School buildings, has about completed his work on the immense Academic building, which is the finest school building in Missouri; Regenhardt's work has been beyond expectations, and as the building may not be formally dedicated for some time, it is possible he will invite the public to call Sunday and inspect the structure.
      Nov. 18, 1905
      Edward Regenhardt, builder, says he will throw open the doors of the new academic hall at the Normal School tomorrow from 1 to 5 p.m.; he specially invites his hundreds of friends to be present and look over the building; he states, however, that if it should rain and the Normal grounds around the new building should become muddy, it won't be opened; he is at a point of turning it over to the state and cannot take the risk of having it damaged in any way.
      Nov. 25, 1905
      Because of the rainy weather last Sunday, contractor Edward F. Regenhardt didn't open the new Normal School building to the public as he had planned; instead, if the weather is nice, he will throw open the doors to public inspection tomorrow.
      Nov. 27, 1905
      Probably the greatest crowd of Girardeans to ever visit the Normal School at one time was there yesterday afternoon to take a first look at the interior of the great Academic Hall; it is believed more than 5,000 people walked the halls of the new building; the building stands as a monument to the skills of contractor Edward F. Regenhardt.
      SAVED: Academic Hall. After the fire destroyed the original Normal School building in 1902, plans were quickly drawn up for Academic Hall at the same location. The legislature authorized an appropriation of $200,000, and work on the new structure began in1903. The architect for the hall was J.B. Legg, and the general contractors were Edward F. Regenhardt and C.O. Allen Maule of Cape Girardeau. The building was opened for public viewing in December 1905 and was put to use early in 1906. It has become the symbol of Southeast Missouri State University.

      Dec. 15, 1905
      Since the public visited the new Academic Hall at the invitation of the contractor, Edward F. Regenhardt, the upper sections of the windows in the auditorium have been filled with fine stained glass; these windows bear coats of arms and inscriptions commemorative of the history of the Louisiana Purchase, as well as men who were benefactors of education in Missouri.
      Jan. 16, 1906
      At last week's meeting of the board of regents of the Normal School, contractor E.F. Regenhardt turned the Academic Hall over to the school; the great building is finished, so far as Regenhardt is concerned, and all that remains to be done is completing of the heating and lighting apparatus, which will be done this week.
      March 22, 1906
      According to Edward F. Regenhardt, Cape Girardeau contractor, his big quarrying plant will start operation tomorrow; it has been idle for some time because of the severe weather; the department of stone trimming will begin at once, and in a short time thework in the shaft will resume; Regenhardt plans to start a new shaft just north of the present hole, filling in the old place with the refuse from the new.
      April 14, 1906
      E.W. Flentge, Edw. W. Regenhardt and Charles Stones of Cape Girardeau go to Jackson to attend a session of the county Republican committee.
      May 1, 1906
      The county court is sitting in executive session at Jackson with the courthouse building committee; they are examining bids for the courthouse; there are four bidders for the big job, including Ed Regenhardt of Cape Girardeau, Taylor & Morton of Jackson, one from Kentucky and one from Florida.
      May 7, 1906
      Squalls and excitement mark the regular meeting of the city council; that body finally passes the sewer ordinance, as well as a measure granting a franchise to the street railway; Edward Regenhardt, a bidder on street improvement work, demands to be heardwhen the council seems ready to accept bids lower than his.
      May 30, 1906
      Edward Regenhardt is a busy man; his quarry is supplying stone to several projects in other towns, including Advance, Mo., Oran, Mo., and Bradwell, Ky.
      June 3, 1906
      Teachers for the Juden School District have been appointed for next year; Elsie Regenhardt of Cape Girardeau will teach at Juden School, about four miles north of the city, and A.E. McGuire will have charge of the district's black school; classes will begin about Oct. 1.
      June 11, 1906
      Fourteen of the 27 members of the county Republican committee met at Jackson Saturday and organized; Blucher Sperling was made chairman, Edward F. Regenhardt vice chairman, Henry Puls secretary, and J.D. Porterfield treasurer.
      Sept. 6, 1906
      Edward F. Regenhardt has prepared a block of marble from his Cape Girardeau quarry that will be sent to J. Knox Taylor, supervising architect of the treasury and who will make the plans for the federal building which will be built in Cape Girardeau; it ishoped the government can be persuaded to use local marble in the construction of this building.
      April 20, 1907
      Suit has been filed in the Court of Common Pleas against M.T. Lowman & Co., of Louisville, Ky., by Edward F. Regenhardt for $450, being a claim for stone used in construction of the new county courthouse at Jackson; Regenhardt claims that the account has been due for six months or more, and that repeated attempts to collect the bill have been fruitless.
      Feb. 2, 1908
      The Republican county convention held yesterday at Jackson was the best attended and most harmonious meeting of the kind ever held in Cape Girardeau County; speeches were made by Judge John A. Snider, Fred Kies, E.W. Flentge, E.F. Regenhardt and L.R. Johnson; delegates and alternates to the congressional and state conventions were selected.
      Feb. 8, 1908
      A message from Fred Naeter, one of the publishers of The Daily Republican newspaper and a delegate to the congressional convention at West Plains, Mo., reveals that the convention chose Edward Regenhardt as one of the two delegates to the national convention, where William H. Taft is expected to be nominated as candidate for president on the Republican ticket.
      July 28, 1908
      Ground was broken yesterday for the foundation of The Daily Republican newspaper's new home in the 200 block of Broadway; Jerome Legg, who designed Academic Hall, is the architect for the new building, and Edward Regenhardt is the contractor.
      Sept. 5, 1908
      Edward Regenhardt is rushing two jobs on Broadway; The Republican building is built up to the second story, and the old Ruesskamp property is rapidly disappearing to make room for the Federal Building.
      Sept. 17, 1908
      E.F. Regenhardt is advertising the sale of old brick, stone, doors, rods, gutters, building wood, etc., the remains of the old Ruesskamp house he tore down to make room for the new federal building.
      Oct. 6, 1908
      Edward F. Regenhardt appeared before the Cape Girardeau City Council last night when he filed his bond for the construction of the new city hall, fire and police station; Regenhardt is to complete the hall within 90 working days.
      Jan. 28, 1909
      The concussion felt in Cape Girardeau in the morning isn't of seismic origin; the cause is simply the tumbling of big Ed Regenhardt into the basement of the new city hall building, which is under construction on Independence Street; the contractor isn't seriously injured.
      March 4, 1909
      At a meeting last night, a slate of candidates for an "Industrial Ticket" for Cape Girardeau municipal offices was organized; the ticket consists of Merit E. Leming for mayor; Joel T. Nunn, collector; William H. Coerver, treasurer; Robert H. Whitelaw, city attorney; Lee L. Bowman, police judge; Antone Kammer, assessor; William H. Summers, marshal, and for aldermen, Joel T. Juden, E.F. Regenhardt, Will Hirsch and David A. Glenn.
      March 18, 1909
      The new Duplex printing press for The Daily Republican has arrived and, as contractor E.F. Regenhardt expects to complete the foundation piers this week, arrangements have been made with the expert from the factory to be here next week to set up the machine; this will be the largest printing press in use between St. Louis and Little Rock, Ark.
      May 12, 1909
      JEFFERSON CITY -- The Missouri House yesterday increased the appropriation budget, passing bills that will take an additional $24,011.75 from the state treasury; among the items was $5,382 to Edward F. Regenhardt for repairs to the Cape Girardeau Normal School.
      July 2, 1909
      WASHINGTON -- Rep. Charles A. Crow, Edward F. Regenhardt and Harry Naeter of Cape Girardeau visit President William Howard Taft in the morning while all Cabinet officers are with the president.
      Aug. 16, 1909
      About 20 prominent Cape Girardeau residents responded yesterday to the call issued by Edward F. Regenhardt for a meeting to lay preliminary plans for the Taft Day celebration in October; a 60-minute program was planned, which includes an automobile drive to the Normal School, where the president will address the crowd and plant a tree.
      Aug. 20, 1909
      Edward F. Regenhardt, chairman of the Taft Day celebration committee, learns there will be special trains running to Cape Girardeau over two lines that day, bringing visitors from Poplar Bluff, Kennett, Campbell and Malden, Mo.

      _________________________________________________
      8/19/2004
      Rob Lewis

      St. Louis Central Public Library
      Rare Book Room

      Men of Affairs of St. Louis

      Edward Franz T. Regenhardt

      Edward Franz T. Regenhardt can be justly called the original rock ribbed Republican. His sons are named after three presidents; McKinley, Roosevelt, and Taft. Cape Girardeau people hunt him out whenever they come to the U. S. Court House where he reigns, six feet six, as United States Marshal.

      He is a strong, rugged man; a man who started in the Lutheran Schools and hewed his way out to success with his two hands; descendant of sturdy German stock, born March 24, 1867 at Cape Girardeau and known everywhere. When President Taft sent into Missouri to know who was wanted as U.S. Marshal, he expected a host of candidates. Some people recommended Franz, some Edward, and some Ed., but one and all gave the last name as Regenhardt; and Regenhardt got it. And since then he has earned the respect of the bench and bar for his sterling honesty, his willingness to give everyone a square deal, and his ability to make good. Up and down, sideways and across, through and through he is just what he appears to be a native born Missourian and a credit to hisstate.

      This Newspaper Reference Library book, containing portraits, biographies, and cartoons of progressive men of St. Louis, who have helped in the development and history making of St. Louis

      It is primarily a publisher's utility library and it's aim is to principally supply newspaper offices with a work of reference wherein it can be found, in correct from, the basic facts, from the birth down to date, regarding the lives of men of notable achievement, together with half-tones from the latest photographs and dealing with the lighter vein of each man's life, a cartoon.
    Person ID I3460434  robsgenealogy
    Last Modified 10 Feb 2020 

    Father Christian Wilhelm Regenhardt,   b. 20 Feb 1828, Ahlshausen,,Lower Saxony,Germany Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 07 Apr 1903, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 75 years) 
    Mother Johanna Mohnkopf Dormeier,   b. 02 Feb 1833, Obstadt,,lower saxony,Germany Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 13 Jun 1876, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 43 years) 
    Married 01 Sep 1853  Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Family ID F3591896  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family Caroline Emilie Alvina Theuerkauf,   b. 01 Jun 1865, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 23 Nov 1942, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 77 years) 
    Married 09 Sep 1891  St. Mark's Lutheran Church, St. Louis,,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    marriage application - ER and Alvina
    marriage application - ER and Alvina
    Children 
     1. Norma Heomine Johanna Regenhardt,   b. 26 Nov 1892, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 21 Aug 1941, Gordonville,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,United States Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 48 years)
     2. William McKinley Regenhardt,   b. 12 Jul 1894, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 14 Jan 1952, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis,St. Louis,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 57 years)
     3. Bertha Emma Regenhardt,   b. 08 Sep 1895, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 26 Dec 1898, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 3 years)
     4. Theodore Roosevelt Regenhardt,   b. 26 Dec 1900, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 30 Oct 1974, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 73 years)
     5. Edward Taft Werner Regenhardt,   b. 02 Apr 1908, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 22 Aug 1996, Kaiser Permante Medical Center, La Mesa,San Diego,California,USA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 88 years)
    Last Modified 3 Apr 2020 
    Family ID F70169880  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Event Map
    Link to Google MapsBorn - 24 Mar 1867 - Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Link to Google Earth
    Link to Google MapsMarried - 09 Sep 1891 - St. Mark's Lutheran Church, St. Louis,,Missouri,USA Link to Google Earth
    Link to Google MapsDied - 12 May 1926 - Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau County,Missouri,USA Link to Google Earth
    Link to Google MapsBuried - - New Lorimier Cemetery, Cape Girardeau,Cape Girardeau,Missouri,USA Link to Google Earth
     = Link to Google Earth 

  • Photos
    Edward in office
    Edward in office
    Ed Regenhardt - R.H. Mueller Weekly Tribune 1 Oct 1915 pg 42016-04-30 15.18.37
    Ed Regenhardt - R.H. Mueller Weekly Tribune 1 Oct 1915 pg 42016-04-30 15.18.37
    Regenhardt, Edward - Federal Building  Cape 1910 dedication SE Missourian 24 Feb 1985 pg 12F
    Regenhardt, Edward - Federal Building Cape 1910 dedication SE Missourian 24 Feb 1985 pg 12F
    Regenhardt Quarry Advertisement
    Regenhardt Quarry Advertisement
    State pays $2691 debt to Regenhardt SE Missourian 15 May 1925 pg 1
    State pays $2691 debt to Regenhardt SE Missourian 15 May 1925 pg 1
    Edward in office
    Edward in office
    efr_family_1913
    efr_family_1913
    EFR_to_Taft_letter 12-24-01
    EFR_to_Taft_letter 12-24-01
    Edward Regenhardt Baptism Certificate
    Edward Regenhardt Baptism Certificate
    edward-portrait
    edward-portrait
    EFR_to_Taft_letter 12-24-01
    EFR_to_Taft_letter 12-24-01
    EFR&Alvina_1890ish
    EFR&Alvina_1890ish
    Letter_to_Taft_from_Edward'
    Letter_to_Taft_from_Edward'
    Taft note to Edward Regenhardt
    Taft note to Edward Regenhardt
    Ed-Regenhardt-with-fish
    Ed-Regenhardt-with-fish
    EFR_in_quarry
    EFR_in_quarry
    paving highway - cattle to right 300dpi
    paving highway - cattle to right 300dpi
    EFR  Funeral 300dpi
    EFR Funeral 300dpi
    Common-Pleas-Courthouse-steps-smaller-with-names-v1
    Common-Pleas-Courthouse-steps-smaller-with-names-v1
    Common-Pleas-Courthouse-steps-smaller-v2
    Common-Pleas-Courthouse-steps-smaller-v2
    EFR in Quarry
    EFR in Quarry
    Ed Regenhardt family lot
    Ed Regenhardt family lot
    Edward F Regenhardt gravestone
    Edward F Regenhardt gravestone