Rob's Genealogy

Lewis and Regenhardt lines of Southeast Missouri and Related Families

Edward F. Regenhardt


He began a business career in early 1892. Edward formed a partnership with Charles Bode under the firm name Regenhardt and Bode, Contractors for Brickwork. Their office was on the second floor over the Burgess Store on Main Street. From 1892 he was engaged as a contractor and builder, with headquarters at Cape Girardeau. As a contractor his outstanding accomplishment was the academic building of the Southeast Missouri State Teachers' College at Cape Girardeau, admittedly one of the finest educational buildings in the United States. His other work included construction of granitoid pavement walks and curbs for the First National Bank, the Sturdivant Bank, Dr. S.S. Harris' house on Themis Street, and on the Normal School grounds (1897). He built the stone railroad depot in Kennett, MO (1897), the school house in Bonne Terre, MO (1898), a "big business house" in Greenville, MO (1895). He also contracted to build numerous brick residences in Cape, Jackson, and Sikeston.

Other Features

This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding v. 14.0.3, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2024.

Maintained by Rob Lewis. | Data Protection Policy.